May 25, 2009

so it begins

I think it really just hit me in the past couple of hours that I'm leaving, heading to the other side of the world.  It's that sort of anticipatory anxiety, the first-day-of school type of thing. I guess its just your body and mind recognizing that something big is about to happen that you are wholly not prepared for. It's a similar feeling that I had last summer before boarding my flight to Uganda. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, it is the night before the big journey to Ahmadabad, India. I was lucky enough to get an opportunity this summer to work at Distributed World Power (www.dwpower.com) where I will be a summer engineering intern. I'm joined on the adventure by my buddy Jasdeep, who will also be working at DWP. DWP is developing off-grid energy generation products; my role (I believe) will be helping develop some of these technologies and testing them in the field. 

I'm new to travel blogging, so you will have to bear with me while I figure things out. I plan to post at least weekly and post pictures from my shiny new camera. I arrive in Ahmedabad Wednesday morning (Ahmedabad time) and should begin work this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment